High notes
Jonnyzr
Member Posts: 11
When I practice at home I can sing high notes easy up to a D5 in mixed voice but at my gigs it’s the compete opposite, at my gigs even a G#4 can sometimes be difficult to hit and it makes me think I’m not progressing with my singing especially in high notes. I try to relax but I still find myself straining a little. Also find myself singing louder at my gigs than at home. Any tips on how to overcome this.
Comments
-
Singing words in sentences is much harder than singing a scale on one vowel. In the course, there is a webinar on glottal stops and how to handle consonants. Also, in volume 6 there are many vocal lessons showing Ken teaching how to apply his techniques to singing some of the most demanding rock songs imaginable.
-
Yeah I do notice that it’s more difficulty hitting those notes in words but at home I can do it good but at my gigs it’s like I haven’t progressed at all like if I’m stuck in the same place I try to relax but I still strain, which makes me think I’m not progressing.
-
Assumimg you're singing perfectly in private then getting stuck in public:
Optimize your monitoring setup so you arent shouting or competing with other instruments.
Let the mic do the work.
Don't overdo your warmup on performance day. Do enough to smooth out your passagio and go right into performing.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
Be less a perfectionist and more a performer. -
Assumimg you're singing perfectly in private then getting stuck in public:
Optimize your monitoring setup so you arent shouting or competing with other instruments.
Let the mic do the work.
Don't overdo your warmup on performance day. Do enough to smooth out your passagio and go right into performing.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
Be less a perfectionist and more a performer.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
