Home› Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Comments

  • rattfanrattfan Member Posts: 3
    I put my singing file into chat GpT (AI) and I will copy and paste what it said, Does anyone agree with what it told me.
    Use a comfortable speaking-volume sound. Low notes usually need less pressure than high notes. Don't push extra air at them.
    Start with a gentle “mmm.” Hum mmm on a comfortable note and slowly slide downward. When that feels steady, open it into “mmm-ah.”
    Don't force the very bottom notes. If the sound starts getting extremely breathy, gravelly, or keeps cracking, come back up a couple of notes. Your usable low range can gradually become stronger.
    Keep your chin level. Dropping your chin toward your chest to reach low notes can create unnecessary tension.
    Practice downward slides. On a relaxed “oo,” start around the middle of your comfortable range and slowly slide down. Do this gently for a few minutes rather than trying to make the low notes loud.
    Let the low voice be lighter. A low note doesn't have to have the same volume or intensity as your belt. A microphone can provide the extra volume.
  • TerenceTerence Moderator, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 599

    Your natural voice is nice and bright but your technique when singing this song is closing it down and off. You are allowing your larynx to rise as the pitch rises; your vowels are not open or modifying naturally as needed, and you're using too much air.

    If you work on these things, one at a time, I think you may be pleased with the results.

    The AI advice you posted will not harm your voice, IMO, but it's also pretty generic;. It certainly doesn't address anything that isn't handled more effectively in KTVA.
  • rattfanrattfan Member Posts: 3
    That song was done 10 years ago. i just noticed that, Here is another song I did and it was today. i am working on my vowels and breathing right now. This track has music along with my singing. I notice my breathing more and I felt I had more power in my voice. I still need to work on my vowels and breathing. I am new so that is where i am starting.
    me singing today.
Sign In or Register to comment.