Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Pink Floyd Time demo

Hey Bob.

This is 'Time' Pink Floyd. Ive shortened/edited the intro (thought I'd spare you that...although I think its still one of the best intro's to a song ever) Ive also only done the first part to see how you feel about it before I complete the rest of the song. Im basically using vertually entirely head voice for the first part . Absolutley no throut pressure at all (lots of mask and very little air) then easing into the rest. Put a bit more 'gutso' into this one.

Cheers mate Tom

https://soundcloud.com/sealrose/time-ktva

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Nice job, Tom.

I would recommend you don't bend down the note on the end of Kicking AWAY.  "Way" should be sustained on an even note.  At 0:37 watch your cutoff of the word/note. Similarly the cutoff at 0:52.

The section that starts at 0:55 is your best.  Sounds very good. Sounds just a bit out of breath at the cutoffs in this section, maybe sustain those a little longer. Watch that note on "gun" at 1:23.

This song is well-suited to your voice.  You sound good on it.

Thanks for posting this demo.

Bob

• sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162

Cheers Bob. Yes, after listening to it again and taking note of your points, I agree with you for sure. As far as for the note on 'gun' is concerned, that was quite poor wasn't it....ha...if fact the whole line 'you missed the starting gun' had a distinct lack of support...just lost focus.

I really want to do this piece well...really like this. Will do this again with a fresh approach taking your pointers on board.

Oh, by the way, have you recorded any new stuff yourself? If so can I hear them? You have a big fan here in Australia!

Stay well. Tom

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited June 2013

Tom,

Sure, no problem, I'll listen to it and critique it again and again if you like.  Just beware, I will focus the microscope a little more each time.  There's always room at some level for improvement, but as we get to finer and finer details and then step back, it starts to really sound good and come onto fine focus.

I've been really busy recently and unable to stop and do a few recordings, but it is on my "to-do" list.  I enjoy the recording process.  It gives me a chance to focus intensely on a lot of details.  Working on a song like that to get it right helps me a lot to sing live with the same microscopic awareness while maintaining the Live feeling.  I know that I'm on your and several others' Follow List on Soundcloud, so once I post, my friends all around the world will be listening.

After giving so many critiques, I'm likely to get torn to pieces here, but that's OK.  We're all here to learn. 

Support, Bob! More Support!!! Ha, ha!