Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

hello from England!!

Hello fellow Tampliners!!

My name is Jamie, in from Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England. I studied music at college, learning how to sing, i have a Btec level 2 and a National Diploma in level 3 popular music. I am now starting university in two weeks study vocals more on the foundation degree course.

I have come to Ken Tamplin because whilst i have improved on these last years of studying, i do not think i have improved vocally as much as i should have over the last three years. Singing is my passion and i want to get the most out of it, i research so many things about singing and singing teachers/coaches. Ken tamplin seems to be the best out there. So I am very excited to receive my parcel!!!!

would anyone like to share where they are from and their experiences with KTVA?

Also, how long does it take to study or learn on each volume? Does it depend on the individual and how they learn?

Thanks for your time!!!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited September 2013

Welcome, @JamieH,

You will learn much from your KTVA course that you will not learn anywhere else.

I am from the Eugene, Oregon, in the U.S. 

There are people here at the KTVA Forums from all over the world. 

My experiences with KTVA have been Out of This World!  This is a course that lasts a lifetime, because the basic exercises continue to build and develop the voice for as long as you continue to work them.

Over time, if you continue to do your part, your agility, range, and tone will grow and grow!  It's a vocal journey that will continue for the rest of your singing life!

This course may direct you to do things very differently than you have previously been trained.  It is important that you set all previous vocal notions and methods aside and give Ken your full attention and cooperation.  Don't try to mix methods.  The way Ken shows you is THE way to sing. 

I recommend a minimum of six weeks on Volumes One and Two.  You may think they are easy, but give some time for your musculature to adjust to the ways that Ken is having you do everything, and let it "set" into your muscle memory.  Take longer if you deem necessary.

You will probably spend much longer on Volume Three.  Spend as long as you need to, and I do mean as long as you want or need to.  Yes, it does depend on the individual and how they learn.  We're all different.  I'm giving you minimum recommendations.

There are additional learning tools supplied with the Pro Package besides the three basic volumes.  A huge amount.  You will be very excited to watch all the videos and soak up all the information.

Nice to meet you.

Bob 

• Options
    JamieHJamieH Pro Posts: 71
    Hey Bob, nice to meet you!!!

thanks for all the advice, its so helpful. Its nice to feel part of a group where people have each others backs and help one another to grow. We all have the same goal in mind, be better at singing than anyone else haha.

I am a little worried that when I start my degree I will get confused at who to listen to, my vocal teacher or ken! I guess kens method will be for home and i will use my teachers at uni.

Thanks for the nice welcome!!
  • Options
    JamieHJamieH Pro Posts: 71
    Hey Bob, nice to meet you!!!

thanks for all the advice, its so helpful. Its nice to feel part of a group where people have each others backs and help one another to grow. We all have the same goal in mind, be better at singing than anyone else haha.

I am a little worried that when I start my degree I will get confused at who to listen to, my vocal teacher or ken! I guess kens method will be for home and i will use my teachers at uni.

Thanks for the nice welcome!!