Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from south Brazil

Hi Everyone. I'm Joe from south Brazil, though formerly from the west coast of the U.S., mostly southern California and Seattle.

I appreciate very much that work that Ken and his staff have put together in the form of the course material, all the video demonstrations and this forum. I look forward to camping out here with the rest of you as I devote the next several months and beyond to taking my singing up a few notches.

My story is that I've been singing at home alone for 25 years both for the love of it as well as out of a fear of having others hear me sing. In May of this year I began to take lessons from a classically trained opera singer and it was very useful. As I prefer to sing rock, I switched to an SLS instructor a month ago, then found Ken online and decided that I'd prefer to study exclusively with KTVA.

What I relate to most from Ken's work is the love of singing hard, passionately, with intensity. I forget what Ken has called it. "Wailing", or "singing his ass off"? I love to sing this way, too, and must learn to do it properly, to extend my range, and to add to my tool belt of tones and textures.

That's it!

Comments

• TrineTrine Enrolled Posts: 269

Hi!

Welcome to KTVA! We are happy to have you here, and I am sure you will develop beyond expectations if you committ and practise. Just like you, I took some opera lessons in the past, and a lot of what Ken is teaching is coming straight from that school (Bel Canto): support, open throat, vowel modifications etc. But, as you say: hard, passionately and with intensity. The way we like it!

Look forward to hear more from you!

Trine