Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Hey Guys need some advice on warm up Vol 1!

So straight to the point when I start off any warm up,
It is fine until I get higher. It starts off dark and chesty then as I get higher and drop the weight "like a rocketship" as Ken said.
My tone gets brighter and chesty. However, when I look in the mirror as I go up the scale for the Ah OR A , My palate drops in that switch of dropping the weight.

Also I have an issue with the passagio, I manage now to get through it smoothly, however there is a sudden drop in volume and more air when I am around that area.
I try to keep that bright timbre sound but I cant manage to get a grasp on it even when I do the scales lightly.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited January 2014

Keep smiling.  A smile with raised cheeks will help keep the soft palate raised.

You need to maintain cord closure when you go into head voice.

If you have purchased any of the KTVA volumes, you should send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com

Copy and paste into your email your purchase receipt for your KTVA purchase.

Request that your KTVA forums status be upgraded.  You will be able to see and access more information on the forums if your forum status is upgraded.

All the best!

Bob

Bob