Home Off Topic

Marketability

AltariqAltariq Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 42
I sometimes question my marketability as a lead singer in the pop rock genre. I am a baritone and style wise im wondering what the industry is looking for. I have considered moving to lead guitar and getting a female vocalist to do lead singer. Or doing a fire and ice combo like Evanesence female and male timbre. Can anyone tell me how I should use my voice as a baritone to make it the most marketable in the pop rock genre?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited July 2014

We would need to hear your voice.  Simply saying that it's baritone is too broad of a description.

The market is headed any way the wind blows if there are dollars or yen or rupees or euros blowing along with it.  If you can create a sound that people flock to hear, you could be a bass, soprano, or anywhere in-between.

It's hard to make a living as a musician, but it's something many strive for.  Facing reality and admitting that you must find a way that pays in order to sustain your musical endeavors is a first step in making that happen. 

Think about vocalists and musicians who do what you can do and are making a profit.  That's what you want to do, and you want to do it in the most enjoyable way possible. 

Bob

• AltariqAltariq Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 42
    Do you have a facebook page? I could send a video from there.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This is the place to put a link.