Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

New here, some recordings before any KTVA, for a baseline...

rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
I'm new here, and thought I'd post some recordings, so I have a baseline of what I sound like before I possibly take any KTVA courses, so I can compare later.

This is a cover of All Of Me, by John Legend, using Karaoke music.  I did this because it's a very hard song for me, and my voice was tired from two long gigs, however, I would not have made it through this before my current voice lessons.  I was happy to get through it at all, frankly, and you can hear places where I ran out of breath.

This is a cover of Wagon Wheel that I recorded with my guitar player, for a quick demo for gigs.  She played guitar and harmonica, and sang the middle harmony.  I sang the melody and the high harmony, played the drums, and recorded the bass guitar (I'm a beginner bass player).  It was just the two of us, with several tracks recorded separately.

There are some older recordings on my SoundCloud page, too, that were done 4-5 months ago... feel free to listen to any of them if you wish.

I welcome any and all input, and look forward to seeing what KTVA training might do one day!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358

These sound pretty good, Ray.

You have a decent range, good pitch, and seem to have a good time singing and playing.

Where you could afford to do a little upgrading would be to increase breath support and get some stronger tone going.  As I said, your range is decent, but you could work on that to get even stronger on high chest voice notes.  I heard a G4 in there on one of the tunes.  I think you're capable of probably B4 or C5 if you worked out on your voice sufficiently.  Maybe more.

The increase in support would help you to have breath to spare whenever you need it.

I liked your rendition of Let the Good Times Roll, also.

Bob

• Options
    rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    Thanks Bob!

I / we've been working on my breath support, which has gotten better, but I do feel and agree that I still have a ways to go before it's where I think I "could" be... hopefully one day soon...

I feel that I have a decent falsetto, that I can get quite high with, but have a pretty "pronounced" break in there, too...  We've been working on smoothing that out.

Maybe the KTVA could help with that.

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358

Yes, part of the program involves smoothing out the connection between chest and head voice, and also there is a concentration on extending the range of the chest voice higher, to overlap the head voice.

Support is something we're all always working on.  It's vital to a consistent sound.

Bob