Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

My biggest question and hurdle for singing

Hi, i'm Sam and i'm new to ktva.

Can any veterans explain to me how exactly breath support works?
Do you bear down like going to the bathroom when sining a phrase? Or rather a squeeze of your pelvic muscles

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited October 2014

@Naruallin,

Hi, Sam!

This is a huge, important area for ALL vocal students.  You are not alone.  Support is KEY to having a great voice.

Are you a new KTVA student?  There are lots of articles written about this, and they are very extensive. These posts are in sections of the KTVA Forums that are for KTVA students only.  You'll want to go to the Forums Category "Diaphragmatic Breathing and Support" and read through the postings there.

If you are a student, you should get your forums status upgraded (you are presently listed as a "member").  Members and guests are only seeing a small portion of the information that is here on the KTVA Forums.  There are many more categories of information here, all filled with questions and answers.

To upgrade your forums status, copy and paste into an email a copy of your purchase receipt for your KTVA training package.  Send that to ktvaforums@gmail.com and request a forums update.  If you are on a payment plan and your final payment has not yet been processed, you may have to wait until that happens before getting your access.

The short answer is yes, it is a bearing down feeling, and there is also some bracing in the pelvic diaphragm, as well.  We would prefer that you read a lot of the existing information (there are pages and pages on it) and then ask any specific questions beyond what you read there.  We can then address anything that may have been left out or that you are having difficulties understanding.

Welcome to KTVA, Sam!

Bob