Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Inspired by Ken

Hey

I was inspired by Ken to try a little of She's Gone by SteelHeart, great song. I missed out the chorus as I am trying to work on the verse first. Please let me know what you think and what can be improved. I really struggle going through my mixed voice and want to stretch chest a little further.

Thanks

Comments

• ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    You struggle going through your mixed voice? Sounded pretty smooth and effortless to me. I don't have anything negative to say here really! So keep it up.
  • JamieHJamieH Pro Posts: 71
    @ragnar

Thanks for your comment. I must say it did take me a few tries to get my mix well, but it doesn't feel right just yet. I cant describe the feeling. Its different. I want to go heavier instead of using my mix as I feel I can but don't know how. I guess with training that will come. The challenge next is singing lyrics in my mixed voice on the chorus. I will do a demo of that soon as I know it is not very good.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Sounds pretty decent, Jamie.  I was waiting for you to keep going in the chorus.  Nice run on the G4, B4, E5, G5.

This is not the easiest song in the world to tackle.

Bob

• JamieHJamieH Pro Posts: 71
    @highmtn

Thanks for your comment. I know there is still a little more work to do on the chorus thats why I stopped :P. I hope to tackle the big notes here before moving on, as i know that the chorus is hard enough. I have no problem with high notes, but when I have to sing in mixed voice thats when problems arise. No stability, no control, weakness. Any notes going over my mixed voice are so easy for me. I will tackle the chorus later :)