Hello there from the UK!
AndyP
Pro Posts: 5
I'm Andy and I'm a bass player first of all but for the last three years I have (ended up) been doing BVs in my three piece band - I had never sang before then! I recently caught a live vid of the band and heard myself singing and I thought it was worse than bad! Ha ha! So I thought I need to address this and bought Volume one. Only had it two days but all's looking good at the moment. Still a tad confused with a few things but it is early days yet.
A small confession - having watched the vids a couple of times I'm getting an idea I'd like to take this singing a bit further than just for BVs... Maybe even become a 'singer' Whoop! Ha ha!
Thanks and I hope you're all well!
Comments
-
Hi, @AndyP,
Why not pass the other lead singers on their left when they're looking to their right?
I'm in a three piece band, and I sing one-third of the lead vocals.
KTVA has most definitely been a real help in that department.
I, too, sat in the background for YEARS in my bands, feeling that I could never sing the lead vocals.
Well, people now come up to me at my gigs and tell me how much they LOVE my voice.
They'll do that for you, too, if you only dare to step up to the mic. Give yourself some time, and let your voice grow. If you go for the full bundle, that will take you much further into the skills of Pro singing. For now, go ahead and see what just Volume One will do for you. I think you'll be amazed at your vocal growth.
Bob
-
Nice to meet you Andy - where abouts in the UK are you from?
If you put in the hours and really focus on what you're doing with the volume(s), you'll hear the difference soon enough!
Good to have you with us, and if you have any questions about anything singing-related just post on here - someone will help you out (Bob is very good at this!) -
@Matt and @highmtnCheers Matt and Bob.The fact that I even do BVs is no mean feat, ha ha. But I'm well up for taking it further now! Just need to get my head around all the exercises and work on it every day! I'll take real inspiration from your story Bob! I'd love to do lead vox on a few songs. Going to aim at working hard for a year then go for it!I'm in the East Midlands, Matt, between Nottingham and Derby. Are you from Blighty?Thanks for your comments, they've made me feel v welcome.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

