Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Vowel

Okay so i just recently bought the program (might i say its great) But i feel as if i'm not doing the vowel throat shape correctly. My uvula barely rises and it sounds like a doctor is telling me to say 'ah' on the ah vowel lesson. (lesson 1) Any sort of tips and thinking would be great. I am completely new to singing and I have recently also started playing guitar. I just want a hard rock voice. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

@maixihaha55,

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, your voice is going to grow like crazy!

Your uvula should rise, but probably only on the high notes.  The Uvula tends to rise as you sing higher in pitch.  That helps to make more room in the back of the throat, which is a good thing.

Keep the back of your throat in a state that feels like the beginning of a yawn.

If you have recently bought the program, you can request an upgrade in your forum status.  You are currently listed as "member", and there is a lot more of the KTVA forum available to KTVA students. 

Please copy and paste into an email to ktvaforums@gmail.com a copy of your KTVA purchase receipt.  Request a forums upgrade.

Nice to meet you!

Bob

• Options
    maxihaha55maxihaha55 Member Posts: 2
    Nice to meet you, and thank you for the warm welcome! I can't wait to see the results!