Home Off Topic
Options

10 minute consultation w Ken

reessereesse Enrolled Posts: 159
edited March 2012 in Off Topic

Hey guys :) Just letting you know some tips if your interested that Ken and I discussed on this short skype time. I always had trouble with hearing knowing what was the correct pitch and what the correct key was. I informed him of this and he made me do a few scales and notes. For the people like me you just need to really pay attention to Ken and what exact note it is and dont forget OPEN throat to make the sound brighter and more clear. I have been doing volume 1 and 2 now for about 4 months and its been great for me because I can REALLLYY tell a dramatic difference in my voice. i actually put a whole review on this program here...http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/2012/03/ken-tamplin-vocal-academy-review-from-cincinnati/ 

Sorry if I didnt  explain this well but I tried and if you do have any questions Ill be glad to share what I learned and what I do know! :)

Best Answer

• Options
    KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    Hoho~ I'm better than ever! How are you on the other hand? ;) 

Great to see you're coping with school + the workouts! :D!

Anyways! I'm gonna close this thread now :D! I hope you're doing great! Don't hesitate to create another if you have questions!

Cheers
    Rayhan

Answers

• Options
    Awesome review there reesse :P! and it is pretty important to pay attention to Ken on what note he is on or you might go a bit sharp or flat sometimes or totally off pitch haha.

Glad to see you're seeing dramatic differences in your voice! :D Can't wait for the days to come right? :PP 

Well i've been really sick these past 2 weeks... missed out on a lot of days just got back into the workouts yesterday! Hopefully I can get back on track! :DD
  • Options
    oh wow thanks :) Geeze I wish we could all meet each other!! yeah I really do need to pay attention to that! Yes its so exciting when good changes happen because its like you get so much confidence, at least I do of course! And oh thats such a shame; i really hope you feel better soon !
  • Options
    Hahaha! I know the part where I get the most confidence is after doing my workouts. My range is enormous and I can sing a LOT of songs in original pitch. I just tried Beyonce's Love on Top yesterday night after doing Volume 3 and I could hit ALL of the notes! Except the very final line with the "cuz baby it's you ou ou ou ou~" the one that goes SUPER high. I can do it sometimes but not consistently. Don't have much control up there I guess XD!

Hahaha! Who knows some day we'll get to meet each other somehow? Hahaha!
  • Options
    ohhh mhm beyonce has a tendancy to go really high. I hope things are going well for you though! I have to get to class now ^_^  Yes i really hope someday we can meet!
  • Options
    Hahaha! That song goes higher and higher by 2.5 semi tones if I'm not mistaken XD! It's pretty high! Haha! Have a great time in class!

Until the day we meet!
  • Options

Ah wow sounds intense ...hmmm not sure what those are!!? ^_^ thanks for wishing me a good time. My first class is all boys! ugh lol

and Yes until the day we meet..!

• Options
    means the whole song goes up 2 notes and a half higher XD! Well apparently, after that ONE day that I manage to do my workout, the next day my illness came back and I just went to the doctors :(. Now they say it's a throat infection and it's difficult for me to swallow and even talk louder x_X" Sigh... March has been a painful month for my voice :(!
  • Options
    Oh okay I see and OH NO!!! Thats never good!! I really hope you feel better :)!!!!!! Stay strong !!
  • Options
    I'm feeling better already after taking medication! Though I cough a hell lot every time I speak. Guess it's time to rest my voice for a bit xP! Thanks Marie! (Thats your name right? :P)
  • Options
    oh amazing!! :) and uh ohhh thats never good!! YES rest your voice... and yes Marie is my name :D
  • Options
    Thanks Marie! Hopefully this is over soon :P!
  • Options

are you okay now at least? I have been sooo busy with school its insane but still fitting my weekend workouts in  :) thankfully

This discussion has been closed.