Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Back in Action!

Hi all, last year bought the course after a couple of tests, I was totally frustrated and leave the course even stop singing in the shower xD.
ok, a week ago I decided to retake the course and continue as far as I can!

A few months ago I was told that my voice was "bass". What can you tell me about this?

This weekend I want to do my exercises recordings, so they can help me with what you are doing wrong.

I practiced one week before. sing into the cell, some songs I like, I hope you can evaluate where I am wrong or need more focus in my practices.

Nutshell
Like a stone
Love me Tender

Best Regards
Chev!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited March 2015

Hello, @chev.

Your voice sounds more in the baritone range than bass to me, but don't put too much importance in that.  You can learn to sing low and high and don't have to be classified into a restricted range.

Songs are not that good for having us help evaluate your voice until you have shown that you have learned all of the basics that Ken teaches in his course.  We can give you more clear instructions if you will record the basic Lah exercise.  We can get you on the right track starting from there.

At times your pitch is drifting, so it would be a good idea to work through Ken's basic pitch program.  Practice and repeat the exercises in Basic Pitch for a while to make sure you are able to match pitches well.  Then start with Volume One and work through those exercises to get the basics done. 

Don't rush through any parts of the program.  It is typical for students to do Volume One for anywhere from at least six weeks, and many do it for three months before moving on.  Some students work Volume One even much longer than that.  You need to go at your own pace, and make sure you are using the singing methods Ken is teaching as you practice the exercises every day.

Don't get discouraged, but give yourself time and do the exercises, and you will see improvements.  Have patience with yourself and with the learning process.  Take all the time you need. 

Send a demo of you doing the Lah, or even the Lip Rolls and Tongue exercise from Volume One, next, but be sure to go through Basic Pitch first.

All the Best!

Bob

• Options
    chevchev Pro Posts: 7
    Hello bob!

thank you for your quick feedback :))

i dont know  why y had a little suspicius about my bad pitch...
    I will take my time training my ear (iam not in a hurry) but i shoudt stop making the lah exercises and the others?

all the best bob!

chev

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358

Hi, @chev.

I would just like for you to make sure you have done the pitch program to help you become stronger with your pitch-matching abilities.

Do that first and make sure you have that as a part of your foundation, and then resume your regular exercises. 

When you want to submit a demo, let's start with Lip roll, Tongue Exercise, and basic Lah.

: ^)

Bob

• Options
    chevchev Pro Posts: 7
    undestood!

ty bob