Does Paul Rodgers use correct distortion technique?
matt53
Pro Posts: 189
Lately I've been listening to alot of Paul Rodgers with Free, Bad Company and his amazing new solo CD "Royal Sessions." I realize that Ken is also a big fan of Paul and I was wondering if Paul uses correct compression/distortion technique?
I would like to incorporate some of his style into my own singing but I was wondering if the way he does distortion is damaging vs. the way Ken does it.
While Ken distorts on the soft palate while cutting back the air it seems like Paul sometimes distorts a bit on the cord.
Anyway, if someone could help me with this I would appreciate it.
Comments
-
Ken distorts on the cord. He just does it very gently. He explains how to do it in Volume 3 and also in the Advanced PRO Forums Videos. If you do it incorrectly, you can get into trouble.
Yes, Paul is one of Ken's favorite singers. Paul is still going strong after all these years, and I suspect that he learned to cut back the pressure and how to support correctly quite some time ago.
Bob
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
