Home Off Topic
Options

back to back practice

LukeLuke Enrolled Posts: 17
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
how long would you consider the max of "back to back" practicing? i ask because i can be busy. im doing volume 2. i want to work on stretching chest more, and then working on building the passagio in the same day. maybe say a few hours in between. maybe this isn't ideal. what do you think?

Best Answers

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

Adam,

I think that as long as your voice doesn't seem to be getting tired, then you should go for it.  You should be practicing AT LEAST an hour a day, if you can.  I don't think that there is a maximum.  You are more likely to get tired of practicing before you wear your voice out, as long as you aren't overdoing it.  Don't allow yourself to go hoarse, but it's OK to get a little tired. Give yourself a few breaks, and then if (when you come back) after you warm up everything's working OK, then take advantage of the opportunity and keep progressing.  Just don't strain. When doing exercises to stretch chest, it's tempting to push a little too hard and that can lead to straining.  STRETCH, DON'T STRAIN!!

Be sensitive to your body, especially your voice.  When it's telling you it's tired, LISTEN and give it a rest then.

Bob

• Options
    KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    Agreed with Bob that you shouldn't over work yourself. Also, Ken says that it is BEST to do it back to back. However if you have no choice then I suppose a few hours in between is okay. Just not like 12 hours apart o.o

Answers