Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Singing Myths you believed before you started KTVA?

My big one was 'Your range is your range.'

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,573Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Singing Myth: Cheaper is better. These other singing methods say they teach the same thing, so why should I pay any more?
  • Mine was "You can never have great voice if you are stuck with a bad one"
  • seekerseeker Posts: 79Pro, 2.0 PRO
    "Singing comes with ease to the people I look up to"
    "I have a bad tone and that cannot be fixed"
    It's pretty much technical, you gotta know where to place the sound and mask it,etc, as for relaxation, it takes a lot of practice and proper breath.
    I'm no where good still, but I read and inquired a lot online, so gonna kick ass with KTVA!!!
  • JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Posts: 199Pro
    edited October 2015
    seeker said:

"Singing comes with ease to the people I look up to"
    "I have a bad tone and that cannot be fixed"
    It's pretty much technical, you gotta know where to place the sound and mask it,etc, as for relaxation, it takes a lot of practice and proper breath.
    I'm no where good still, but I read and inquired a lot online, so gonna kick ass with KTVA!!!

Ye that bad tone cannot be fixed got me down before. It was because i wasn't aware that you can as you said relax more and place the sound, breath etc.

It feels so wierd to see people do that so easily when it took me a long time to do it(i'm not great at it yet, but i am better then I was). It felt like if they can do it so easy I must be bad.

But you should never say that because you don't know how much other people worked on their voices.

KTVA is so great, this forum is great.
  • lyricsupstairslyricsupstairs Posts: 12.0 PRO
    I hope that these myths are true for me. I have horrible tone - sounds more like talking - but am working on it. On level one and hopeful.