Home Off Topic

What sounds to you dislike?

kaulferskaulfers Pro Posts: 300
Currently the office where I spend a great deal of time is located next to a parking lot for diesel trucks. When these trucks start up and idle, the bass fz gather up in my corner and just pound on my ear drums. I'll ask my co-worker if she can hear what I'm hearing and she can't. They can be two-three hundred feet away and I'll hear them. I'll step outside and it's fine can't hear it. Our building resonates them just perfectly.

I can feel them and hear them, it's been like that for me for as long as I can remember, I use to plug my ears when my dad would start the truck. Idling diesel engines almost make me want to vomit, once they get rolling, higher rpms ect it's fine.

Playing bass guitar doesn't bother me, sine wave bass fz don't bother me. One word I've see pop-up during searches is:
    misophonia
: "hatred of sound but a person with misophonia does not simply hate all sound", I'd say this is everyone who want to record in a quiet environment.

Any experience like this for you?

Comments

• bigbrotherbigbrother Pro Posts: 104
    I must say that the drone of a Diesel resonating thru a building can be damn loud to a person with good low frequency hearing. My car has a drone and can be heard in the house but not outside... Go fig right?

How about the sound of a 3k watt plus subwoofer system in a car rolling down the street at 3am... good one huh?

Or, the screeching sound of nails on a chalkboard... has that ever been annoying too???

Ever try editing an out of tune and pitchy voice back in tune for a few hours and see if it won't trigger a migraine? lol!!!

Interestingly enough when I get a real bad headache, the whine of a camera and HDD from a computer can be heard. One time I could hear whine a of an older TV set and geez can that be annoying! There have been moments when i have to shut down all my computers, recording equipment, and lights just to get some relief and eventual sleep with migraine medicine.

But I must say the annoying voice of a nag has to top all! hahaha
    Happy holidays ya'll :smile: