Home Off Topic
Options

My Own Voice?

dparadisdparadis Pro Posts: 2
I feel like I try too hard to emulate other singers, or maybe I just can't find my voice. Any tips? If it helps, the genre I'd like to sing is Rock and Power Metal. More of the high clean notes, not so much of the harsh growls or screams. I like singers like Ronnie James DIO and Timo Kotipelto.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Get all of the KTVA basics nailed. I mean NAILED. These are the building blocks that you will rely upon to find your own true voice. Once you are at that point, follow Ken's directions on how to implement KTVA techniques into singing songs. You have to do your homework first... Then you begin to bring the LAH techniques that you are practicing into your singing of songs.

Next thing you know, you will sound like you've never sounded before, and it will be YOUR voice that you're hearing. It's nice to emulate other singers, and it's great to take elements from their voices and incorporate those things into your own style. But then, in the end, your own voice will have its own qualities that you can call upon to add your own sound to your favorite songs.

That all comes from getting good at Ken's techniques. It's just a matter of time and practice.

Bob
  • Options
    dparadisdparadis Pro Posts: 2
    Thank you! I appreciate it. I figured more practice was what I needed.