Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

How to sing like Paul McCartney

PeteMurphyPeteMurphy Enrolled Posts: 95
edited May 2012 in Ken Tamplin's Corner
Hiya Ken!

I watched the How To Sing Like Kelly Clarkson 'Stronger' video, and there's a comment
underneath it asking about you doing a 'how to sing like Paul McCartney'
lesson. Yes! I would love this so much! I don't know why I didn't think
to ask this myself.

He's definitely a big favourite of mine - Maybe I'm Amazed.... and those
screams at the end of Hey Jude ("Jude Judy Judeh judeh Judeh
WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!") - if I could do a scream like that I'd be a very
happy man. Steven Tyler also does those McCartney influenced screams
(like at the end of the Aerosmith song 'Amazing').

Have a great day,
Pete.

Comments

• Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 441
    I might just have to find the time to do a Paul video of amazed soon for a personal satisfaction :-)
  • GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140

Paul McCartney is also one of my favorite vocalists and he is brilliant example of a singer who has kept improving as he gets older. How does he do those awsome screams?? Looking forward to seeing you do a McCartney masterclass Ken!

• PeteMurphyPeteMurphy Enrolled Posts: 95
    Wow, that would be great, Ken!

Rod Stewart did a beautiful version of 'Maybe I'm Amazed' with The Faces. The bass player sings the verses, but when Rod comes in on the big sections, it's POW! Brilliant!

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,189

Yeah, Pete.

Maybe I'm amazed is also on my list of Practice Songs I sing when it's just me and nobody else is listening.

It's a real Power Stretcher!

Ken will blow us all away if he posts that one!

Bob

Classic stuff!, thanks for posting this Pete. I love the way Rod Stewart can make every song he covers completely his own. Another of my all time favorite singers:-)
  • freedomfreedom Enrolled Posts: 30
    Hands Down, Oh Darling;

Soulful and His Scream/Singing "When You Told me.." Absolutely Amazing
  • PeteMurphyPeteMurphy Enrolled Posts: 95
    @freedom - oh yeah! Oh darling is one of his greatest performances. I love his vocal on Helter Skelter too.

@PeteMurphy,

And even on the really early songs he can be heard pulling off those brilliant, visceral screams, songs like "I Saw Her Standing There" "Twist and Shout" (Backing vocals).

• timitzitimitzi Enrolled Posts: 14
    Good call on Paul, he is fabulous. It is unreal how good his usable vocal range is, and he sounds fabulous around all of his areas. A pretty versatile chap!

About Tyler, you can also hear him sing Macca-like lines during the ending of "Livin' on the Edge":

5:25 onwards - Much like the "Hey Jude"-notes!