Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi There I'm Lucy

I'm already a singer and pro violinist and songwriter with one song having earned me thousands in PRS when it was played a lot in Austrailia maybe on a soap there I don't know and my voice was on it but I'm in the UK what I'm trying to say is I have already got a to a certain stage. I earn most of my money doing on line sessions but mostly on violin with the odd vocal ones and have been writing songs and singing for years but most of my paid jobs are on violin and I've always found it hard to get noticed for my singing as the violin was what people have mostly needed from me because of the level I play solo on some BBC theme tunes and the fact I am also a music producer so the can do remote on line sessions too and the strings overdubbing element and fact I can improvise in many styles fluently which is more rare in violin if your also a classical player so I've created a niche but what I really want to do is simply sing and write songs but I've never been totally happy with my voice. I have two children and limited time juggling also as a result also and much spare time goes on the violin work. I really want to sing and be a songwriter and so on my own have been working on this for years at the same time always frustrated. That my voice wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I looked at the Seth Riggs speech level singing book years ago and did the exercises and always had a great rnI have checked out a lot of the free on line resources etc and a few other on line courses and I'm not going to slam other courses but I can say from what else I've personally seen that this course is something else all together.
I've busker on voice on the lisenced busking scheme in London Underground for years on and off according to how many violin sessions were having to be done and found that it was the most voice altering thing to date I've done simply singing covers over and over and stretching myself and building the muscles and support naturally through it but the other thing that made and taught me the most was singing along to early Aretha Franklin. She taught me through that the techniques that grew my voice placement and that ah sound that builds the voice and the open throat etc etc but apart from talk of the pharyngeal resonator by a few on line coaches no one has clarified that I was on the right track more in depth and with as much extra detail as Ken and I've literally only just started the course. Every lesson I see I'm laughing at how on the case he is with what and how he's teaching. I made the decision to dive in as and buy the course by Ken a few days ago after trying a course with another on line teacher and quickly asking for a refund realising the guy not gonna mention names but I was shocked at fact he couldn't sing well and was promising he had the answers and the amount of useless crap he talked to confused beginners who had parted with so much money for it I found disturbing and it was enough to take what Ken has said in introduction videos seriously in terms of the proof is in the singing and on starting this course I'm so so glad I got it and I'm so excited because it will cover things and already has from start to finish with so much depth and clarity he is a good teacher as well as performer and I trust him because he has expressed things I already figured out and then some Basically I trust him and his journey and views because I already am an advanced singer and know enough already to know having watched his free videos that he offers what I personally need at this point in so much depth and detail as to be right for me personally and I just wish I'd had this programme years ago.
I trust this is gonna move me on to the next level and I choose this over a one on one teacher and if I do go for one on one it'll likely be Ken. I asked for this, I asked the universe that I could sing with mastery and followed the signs. I have been led here. It feels right, in my gut, it's right.

Comments

• tinaalcoracetinaalcorace Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 209
    Sov said:

I'm already a singer and pro violinist and songwriter with one song having earned me thousands in PRS when it was played a lot in Austrailia maybe on a soap there I don't know and my voice was on it but I'm in the UK what I'm trying to say is I have already got a to a certain stage. I earn most of my money doing on line sessions but mostly on violin with the odd vocal ones and have been writing songs and singing for years but most of my paid jobs are on violin and I've always found it hard to get noticed for my singing as the violin was what people have mostly needed from me because of the level I play solo on some BBC theme tunes and the fact I am also a music producer so the can do remote on line sessions too and the strings overdubbing element and fact I can improvise in many styles fluently which is more rare in violin if your also a classical player so I've created a niche but what I really want to do is simply sing and write songs but I've never been totally happy with my voice. I have two children and limited time juggling also as a result also and much spare time goes on the violin work. I really want to sing and be a songwriter and so on my own have been working on this for years at the same time always frustrated. That my voice wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I looked at the Seth Riggs speech level singing book years ago and did the exercises and always had a great rnI have checked out a lot of the free on line resources etc and a few other on line courses and I'm not going to slam other courses but I can say from what else I've personally seen that this course is something else all together.
    I've busker on voice on the lisenced busking scheme in London Underground for years on and off according to how many violin sessions were having to be done and found that it was the most voice altering thing to date I've done simply singing covers over and over and stretching myself and building the muscles and support naturally through it but the other thing that made and taught me the most was singing along to early Aretha Franklin. She taught me through that the techniques that grew my voice placement and that ah sound that builds the voice and the open throat etc etc but apart from talk of the pharyngeal resonator by a few on line coaches no one has clarified that I was on the right track more in depth and with as much extra detail as Ken and I've literally only just started the course. Every lesson I see I'm laughing at how on the case he is with what and how he's teaching. I made the decision to dive in as and buy the course by Ken a few days ago after trying a course with another on line teacher and quickly asking for a refund realising the guy not gonna mention names but I was shocked at fact he couldn't sing well and was promising he had the answers and the amount of useless crap he talked to confused beginners who had parted with so much money for it I found disturbing and it was enough to take what Ken has said in introduction videos seriously in terms of the proof is in the singing and on starting this course I'm so so glad I got it and I'm so excited because it will cover things and already has from start to finish with so much depth and clarity he is a good teacher as well as performer and I trust him because he has expressed things I already figured out and then some Basically I trust him and his journey and views because I already am an advanced singer and know enough already to know having watched his free videos that he offers what I personally need at this point in so much depth and detail as to be right for me personally and I just wish I'd had this programme years ago.
    I trust this is gonna move me on to the next level and I choose this over a one on one teacher and if I do go for one on one it'll likely be Ken. I asked for this, I asked the universe that I could sing with mastery and followed the signs. I have been led here. It feels right, in my gut, it's right.

Hi @Sov , welcome to the KTVA team!
    It was a pleasure reading about your exciting experiences and vocal journey. I can assure you, Ken's passion and knowledge for singing and vocal technique is astounding and I am sure you can learn a lot. The biggest thing is to never stop learning and your already talented self will continue to grow a great deal with the in depth video and vocal portion of this course. I look forward to hearing your progress and seeing you grow throughout this vocal journey. Welcome! If you need any assistance or are unsure of anything please don't hesitate to ask us on the forum and I'm sure myself or one of the moderators would be happy to help!

Good singing to you!

Rise above and love
    Mys T
    www.mystofficial.com