Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum I need advice

ChaCha Member Posts: 2
Hi everybody, I'm Cha and new to the forum...using ken's techniques has really paid off at the gigs..I'm so excited I can't contain myself. It's only been 4 weeks since I bought the program and I'm so happy to hear how my voice has developed with more power, range and consistent pitch..2 questions: At some of my gigs, I MC, jump around and dance while singing. Can anyone give me advice on how to stay in control and be consistent in using Ken's techniques while singing and being so physically active on stage.
My 2nd question is if I have some afternoon gigs that start at 2pm and then some that start at 8pm how many hours before the gig should I vocalize?

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Hi, Cha, Welcome to the forums!

You want to warm up about an hour and a half before the gig, for about an hour and 10 minutes, then take about a 20 minute break. You'll be good to go.

When you practice be sure to maintain good posture. If you move around on stage during your gigs, then you do what you have to do. You will be embedding good habits when you practice, but some of them may be compromised by the needs of the show. Just try to strike a good balance between putting on a good show, and having the best posture and technique as you can. Sometimes you will have to "split the difference" so that you can put on more of a performance. Just don't throw the baby out with the bath-water. Hang on to your techniques as much as you can.

Bob