Home The Singer's Lobby

Help with vocal consistency?

Hey, guys. I've been watching kens videos for a few years now (never actually purchased the program). I feel like I've improved a lot since I started actually trying to develop some technique. That being said I still run into trouble from time to time. When singing in the upper register it seems like sometimes I'm able to hit everything all the way up through head voice with relative ease but then every once in awhile when trying to sing around a B or a C my voice starts to become a little unstable. Usually if I wait like ten more minutes and try it again I'm able to reset something in my head and be able to get up there again. I know the ability is there because I've hit the notes before and never lost my voice or hurt my throat. I feel like physically I'm doing it the same way every time but sometimes I voice will shutter when trying to sustain higher notes or even hit them at all. It's like all of a sudden I've have it and then a moment later lose it and forget what I was doing right. Here's some clips of my higher register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alu1zuGoYgA

Any tips would be helpful, thanks.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    The YouTube video says it's private.

What is most necessary for really consistent vocals is really strong support. Regulating the airflow and pressure to be more solid and reliable, singing from the gut, rather than from the throat.