Home Psychology of Singing
Options

Ideo-Dynamic Motor Signaling

A great way to truly get this down to your bones is priming. Watch the video of the level you are. LISTEN but do not follow along to the warm up for your level. As you listen imagine/feel you are doing exactly what Ken is doing. The physical sensations are essential. These sensations are like the feeling you get watching a roller coaster video from the perspective of the rider or watching boxing where you get so caught up in the match that you start moving as if you were fighting. Then do the actual warm up for your level along with Ken. Then work on your level lesson from the video. You will get an additional 50% more out of the course just by doing this.

Comments

• Options
    twelvedesigntwelvedesign Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 239
    hey @stephenmichael, I wasn't sure what the post title meant so clicked through out of curiosity. I did notice drastic improvements by doing something similar.

I warm up on lip bubbles and tongue exercise with Ken stopping occasionally on trouble spots. On Lah exercise I listen to one scale, then pause the recording and try to sing it myself. If it sounds and feel right, I move on to the next scale. Sometime when I feel like I am on the right track, I will just continue singing along for several scales.

Practicing this way I feel like I fixed more issues in the last 2 days, than I had in the last 2 months.