Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello and A question that has been bothering me.

I have been a drummer since being a teen. I was always convinced that I couldnt sing because of the reactions from people around me when I tried, it was never good. I figured "well, you either have it or you dont and I dont" I will try to make this question as simple as possible. I hope that I ask it correctly. I will give two examples:

1. I am so confused. Is learning to sing the same thing as sounding good? My example is this, take a note, any note, lets go with B. Lets say that there are 10 singers male and female. The all match pitch to the B 100% perfect. Even though they are singing along to B perfectly, they all have a different singing voice and it either sounds good or it doesn't. How do you fix that?

2. I will ask it this way to maybe clarify the question:

Is learning to sing the same thing as sounding good? My example is this, take the song "Happy Birthday To You" Lets say that there are 10 singers male and female. The all match pitch to the song 100% perfect. Even though they are singing along to "Happy Birthday To You" perfectly, they all have a different singing voice and it either sounds good or it doesn't. How do you fix that?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Those are good questions.

Learning to sing and learning to sound good should normally be part of the same process, and it is at Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. I've taken many other courses that did not teach me to do either. When I took Ken's course I learned to do both, and a lot more.

Matching pitch correctly is a very important part of learning to sing, but you can still sound a number of ways (not all of them good) when singing on pitch.

Ken teaches you how to improve your tone, how to make the sounds that are the best for what you are singing, and how to do so with excellent vocal technique.

I'm a drumer, too, and I've been in bands all my life. Before taking Ken's course (and even after taking many other singing courses) I was embarrassed about the sound of my voice and frustrated about my limited abilities. Now I sing lead and background all the time, and often have people go out of their way to come tell me how much they love the sound of my voice.

It is important to learn to sing on pitch. If you don't know how to sing on pitch you can still learn, but it takes effort for some people to do. If you can already sing happy birthday you are already over one of the biggest hurdles of pitch, and that is discernment.

The KTVA course will give you all the tools you need to learn to transform your voice and to give you confidence in yourself and your voice. You can post demos of yourself here as you progress and get feedback on what you may need to do and what to reference in the course to get you there.

You may be young or far into your adulthood. It doesn't matter. The principles you learn apply. I started very late, but have come a long way to get to where I am now. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can start liking your voice.

:^)

All the Best!

Bob