Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Connecting The Head Voice And Chest Voice Around My Passaggio

Dear KTVA,

Currently I am learning to develop my full mixed voice, which I believe is our ultimate goal as singers/aspiring singers in general. I have learned to access my mix at around G4/Ab4, however I am starting to yell or having to just belt it out at around A4 or above, and as much as I use my diaphragmatic support, it feels rather tiring or massively strained after a while, which is why I have not used notes above A4 in my full voice as yet.

Has anyone here ever dealt with such issues, and how do you all solve them? What are some sensations that you all felt when you have achieved that consistency in singing those high notes above A4 within your mix?

Regards sincerely and God bless always,
Tim :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Tim,
    Just practice singing those notes at a lower volume. They will sound weak at first. That's better than yelling. Just try to add a little more volume over a long period of time, and try to find a little more tone and then a little more tone.

You're right. It will be weak. It takes time to fill-in those notes, because you are on the bridge. You can't jump up and down on the bridge if it isn't strong enough.

Don't forget to support. A lot.

Bob