Home The Singer's Lobby

Need some ideas/input

Hey Everyone, So the past couple weeks ive been slowly getting off track with my practicing which I am worried about because I did the same with guitar and went backwards on that pretty bad (being able to play intricate metal riffs and such to being stuck on the same scale over and over) aside of my guitar problems I was looking at trying some sort of song that would be a little out of my range and abilities (not ridiculously hard but something thats reasonable to work to) so that I have some form of short term goal to work towards, I know one of my weaker areas is my diaphragmatic support. I dont know if theres any pieces out there that would push it further than i normally would or not.

So im looking for some ideas/suggestions on songs that I could use to practice alongside the audio portion of Vol 1 that would be a reasonable goal to get to.

Right now im juggling between getting my guitar skills back to where they used to be and occasionally (2-3 times a week) working on the audio workouts as im driving to work (its a long commute).

I would appreciate any feedback, and in case anyone wants to know what style of music I want to sing, pretty much any rock genre ( I am partial to punk rock though :) ) and metal as long as it doesnt involve screaming because I know I am nowheres near read to do anything along those lines.

Cheers :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @xTbs,

You should just find something that's in the genre that you like, so you'll be inspired to keep working and trying. You know what would be a stretch for you. You do need to stay motivated, or you will slip backwards.

Find some punk rock that you like. Start swapping between that and your audio workouts.

All the Best!

Bob
  • xTbsxTbs Pro Posts: 34
    I think I might have a song that might be around that, would it be alright if I put it up to be critiqued for my volume one progress report?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, you could do that, but just remember that when you post songs, those are more of a subjective means of showing your voice, and we can probably help you more by hearing what you are doing on vocal exercises, because those are designed to build certain aspects of your voice that contribute to your ability to sing songs well.

That said, you may fire when ready.

Bob