Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Critique please

https://youtu.be/4qBv2U_CDlc
Just bought the course the other night. I've been singing for about 5 years self taught. I'm sure missing some key fundamentals and would like some insight as I go through Volume 1. Sorry if I put this in another spot I'm just getting used to the forum and how it works. This video is about 2 years old but I don't think much has changed in my development since.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    @blairsbassist,

You sound pretty good, but need more support. This song isn't that high, so it's not that much of a challenge as far as range goes. You have a good basis to start from. This will make a good "before" example. You will find that as time progresses, your voice will develop in many ways.

Just do what Ken instructs in the videos and practice regularly.

Glad to know you're here!

All the Best!
  • Options
    blairsbassistblairsbassist Member Posts: 3
    @highmtn

Thanks for checking it out. I see what you mean now. I move around while singing too much. I need to stick the chest out a little more and relax the shoulders. Thanks for the input I wouldn't have noticed the little things before. I have a show tomorrow so I'm gonna try out what I've learned so far. Can't wait!