Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey Everyone!

ferd_82ferd_82 Enrolled Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi I am new to the forums. I have been doing the program with my girlfriend for about a month now.  Her dream is to become a professional singer and I would love to devote my life to music also.  Music is a passion and inspiration for both of us.  We do karoake right now as a means of expressing ourselves, but we hope in the near future to be performing live shows and see how things develop.  This course was our first step in getting really serious about this.  I have been doing Volume 1, 2-4 times a day, about 6 days a week.  She has been putting in about 2 times a day, 5-6 days a week, sometimes more.  I have noticed tremendous improvements, although I feel like I really struggle with finding my perfect technique and opening up my range in a really strong way,  I feel like I have continued growing at a good pace as time progresses.  We are both looking at doing Vol. 1 for another month probably just to get even stronger at it, but it's been incredible so far.  I'm excited to see how this progresses in the weeks and months to come.  We are so fortunate to have Ken as our coach! We hope to get some one on one lessons as we progress later through the course and eventually we would love to achieve our dreams and chase bigger ones!

Comments

• ucjaniceucjanice Enrolled Posts: 4
    Welcome! I'm excited for you both to realize your singing dreams with this program.

~Janice
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, ferd_82!

It's great to have you here and to hear from you!

Your dreams sound a lot like the dreams many of us here share, dreams of really improving our vocal abilities and having music take a large role in our lives.

Don't be frustrated that there are struggles along the way.  Nobody gets there without effort. 

There is much to be learned in Volume One.  Don't rush to get to the next volume until you've gotten every morsel of information and progress from Volume One...  In fact, even when you have moved on, it's still a good thing to go back to the previous volumes and look and listen again with new eyes and ears as you grow vocally and musically.  I've been through all three volumes and I'm back again on Volume One, and I'm digging in and digging it!  I'm surprised at how much I rushed past in my eagerness to get to the next stage.  The good news is that it's always there for you to go back and get more goodness out of it! 

Definitely consider scheduling one-on-one lessons from Ken.  He will help to launch your voice to levels that would otherwise take you much longer on your own.

Bob

• GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Hi ferd_82 and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you and your girlfriend have got the right attitude and passion towards your singing technique and careers.... so that's a big part of the battle already won! Keep at it, and don't be afraid to ask any questions here in the forum.

Gary

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Welcome ferd_82 on board the KTVA ship!!

Pleased to meet you and congratulations for taking the first step of your journey towards your dreams!! I'm glad to have stumbled upon Ken as well! I'm so thankful to Ken that I can't put it in words :). I hope that you will gain the best out of KTVA!

If you ever reach a pit-stop, do post and tell us! Even if you're just depressed or anything at all! We here at KTVA forums are here to help each other out for we are all on the same KTVA ship ;D!

We'll try our best to help everyone out and Ken does post here as well! So once again welcome and be patient! Patience is the key to success ;)!

Cheers
    Rayhan