Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from London

DaveNDaveN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 17
Hi all,
My name is Dave, (NOT the former PM "Call me Dave" lol)..I've been a musician for quite a while played guitar in a fair few bands and been involved in all kinds of creative ventures. I've actually got an ok voice but am not a very good singer- I'm really excited to finally be doing something about it, and look forward to interacting with you as fellow students of Ken's method.
bests, Dave.

Comments

• DaveNDaveN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 17
    Me again- just realized that wasn't a very informative intro! V.2....
    I'm reckoned to be a pretty good rock guitar player but my singing is nowhere near good enough (imho) to do what I want (perform!)... My basic voice has an ok sound but years of smoking(quit 3yrs ago)/stress nearly destroyed it completely. On top of that I never knew how to sing properly in the first place- all my effort went into guitar practice. I've crashed and burned more than a few times in public and that's definitely dented my confidence..lol. My situation is that I can start a song very convincingly (I'm a good mimic) but as soon the song goes up at a bridge/chorus outside of my limited range I'm %^*%*&-ed. I've been using Ken's free videos on youtube for a while now and seen great improvements- at least as far as doing the "AAh" scales go...using that in a song is another matter however...SO..
    Today I got the Pro package, very confident it will help me become the best singer I can possibly be.
    cheers y'all. D.x
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    DaveN...

You have chosen... Wisely....

:^)

You're gonna ROCK, dude!

Bob
  • WineNotWineNot Pro Posts: 1
    Hi Dave,

Gio here from Chicago. Nice to meet you!

I experienced a lot of improvement myself and my wife just from the free YouTube videos Ken had as teasers and am so happy to have purchased the course as it is already making even more drastic improvements as we move along.

Glad to see you here and looking forward to hearing you turn into a success story following Ken's method!

All the best to you!

Gio
    WineNot said:

Hi Dave,

Gio here from Chicago

Hi Gio, thanks very much for the welcome :)
    Glad to hear you and your wife have been seeing some progress in your singing!
    Having had advanced lessons (in other subjects) I know a good teacher when I see one, Ken is a Godsend.
    See you on the road. Best wishes- Dave
    highmtn said:

You're gonna ROCK, dude!

Bob

Thank you Bob.. Correct you ARE! D.x

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @DaveN

Great choice with KTVA. Stick to it, you will find your results in time.
    I am on the program for about 5-6 months or so, not sure exactly. It grew my voice fast, but i needed to overcome a few hills too. Not only for doing the exercises, but also applying it to singing. I found that the application part is also something that you learn and grow into, just like doing the exercises. Now i am on VOL 2 and doing some VOL 3 as well (glottal compression and some exercises).

Don't get discouraged when things don't go as smooth as you'd like it. Just come and tell us your troubles if you need to. I know it helped me a lot.

Enjoy!

Ben
    Hi Ben
    Thank you , yes I know what you mean, I have been using Ken's free stuff on Ytube for some time now, and I already realise that applying the new skills in actual songs is a skill in itself...
    Look forward to hearing more from you.
    cheers, Dave