Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Chris from Germany

chris.tr4chris.tr4 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
edited July 2017 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi,
I'm quite new to music, started with Piano 4 years back, then thought electric guitar as an addition would be great and since a few month I'm thinking about singing, and then I was running into trouble.
Singing and recording it shows very clear where my personal limits are.
That's why I'm here and this is what my current level is:

Cheers
Chris

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Chris, and welcome to the KTVA Forums! You will learn much about your voice and how to broaden your vocal horizons!

Enjoy the journey! You have lots of company!

Bob
  • chris.tr4chris.tr4 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
    Hi Bob,
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I think the progressing has already begun.
    With practicing just two days, my voice now is not stopping at the C anymore....I can reach a G now.

Chris
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Awesome, @chris.tr4!

You've just begun! The longer you keep doing the exercises and techniques you will learn, the more your voice will grow and develop!
    I've trained a little more but had not much time, as the guitar took all my effort.
    But now I'm in a Rock Band and they want me to sing, so I've started again with the Ken Templin lessons and did this little cover:

I think this is a clean type of singing.
    But how to become more distorted? As in a Rockband the voice should have some distortion.
    It depends on where you are in your KTVA program. You have to work your way up to it, but Volume 3 begins to have you apply more intensive vocals. You'll need to master support first, then eventually glottal compression.
    Thank you for your advice