Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

Need help with frustrating problem.

Hi. So I've been doing the KTVA course for a couple of years, and I got to a point where I thought things were going well, but then some personal things happened and I had to stop for several month, and now I've been doing it again for half a year but I must be doing something wrong because I have great days when everything (tone, placement, open throat) feels SO natural, and then terrible days when I can't figure out where my voice (tone etc.) has gone.

It's really upsetting because I'm trying so hard and testing everything thing I can think of, but there's no consistency in my voice! (T . T)

Please, some advice!

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    First I would recommend that you do your workouts consistently. I don't know if you are, but if you aren't, that's a good first step. You might record yourself on one of your "off" days and let us see if we can offer any suggestions.
  • the_babydollthe_babydoll Pro Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for your reply!!

By consistently, do you mean taking no 1 min breaks in between exercises? And at the exact same time every day? I do try to do it the same time everyday as much as possible but sometimes school gets in the way...

I will try and record it. Can I repost the link here when I do?
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    If i may add a few things:

When practicing, check all your foundations. All the important stuff that Ken teaches, such as your posture, chest 1/2-3/4 full, using support, the bright LAH! sound etc. There are PRO VIDEOS here in the forum that also might give you more direction and provide an even better understanding of the course material.

As for the breaks, i also wonder how much time you are 'allowed' to take off between exercises or during a workout?

All the best,

Ben
  • the_babydollthe_babydoll Pro Posts: 3
    Ben, thank you too for your reply.
    I will try and give everything a fresh start, I think, and trust in the course.

I MUST have the foundation in there because I have REALLY good days too.... So aggravating but I won't give up!

Me too about the breaks. With body workouts one always takes 1-2 min breaks so I was thinking it should help but who knows~ (T . T)

Thank you again.