Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Need some feedback please... cover of Still

Hi, I'm new here but I have been watching Ken's vids on You Tube for a while. I am working towards an audition for Americas Got Talent that I'm signed up for in December. This is not my audition song, but i'm working on technique. I would appreciate some feedback on where I could improve. Please don't judge my piano playing, I know I made a few mistakes lol. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvQHZ7hjoZk

Comments

• It sounded good. I think playing while singing is distracting you from a better performance . I'd like to hear you sing it to a kareoke track and see how it sounds with you just singing. Are you planning on playing an instrument at the audition?

Peace, Tony
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I love your tone. I agree with videoace, I would like to hear it in Karaoke track, just so you can focus more on the singing and really hear that voice. Piano is good though :-).

-Diego.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Nice job. You convinced me. That's what you need. To be able to convince the judges that this is your story.
    Can you do that when you aren't playing? That will be important. If you don't play for the audition or the contest, you won't have your piano to phrase with and to ebb and flow with.

You have a good tone, and you sing with feeling. It's intertwined with your playing, though, so you better either play piano on the show, or practice getting that conviction conveyed as a standup singer.

Very nice job.

Bob
  • singing_veteransinging_veteran Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the comments, that really helps. No, i'm not planning to play anything for the audition. They say you may not be allowed to, so just planning to do a Capella. Still trying to nail down a good piece to sing. I want to be different, something nobody else is going to do. I have been working on a Faith Hill tune called "If I'm not in love with you". I can do it in the key she does, but if I drop it a few steps I get a fuller sound and the head voice parts sound better. Also considering, since it will be Christmas time, doing Josh Grobin's "Believe" or "Grown up Christmas List". May be over thinking it lol