Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

No falsetto (Help)

So I was wondering why I cant sing in falsetto. Every time I try to sing in Falsetto it breaks into G3, and yes, I am using my diaphragm. I could never sing in my head voice nor in mix voice. And are there any videos or exercises from Ken that can help me find my Falsetto. My chest voice is from A2-E4 sometimes F4. It would mean a lot if I could get help. Thanks in advance!

P.S - I'm a Beginner

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You should be familiar with the lip rolls. On lip rolls you should be able to go up beyond F4 or F#4 by allowing your voice to roll into head voice by G4 or so. You should be able to lip roll up to A4, B4, or C5 easily in head voice. Don't use a lot of volume. Do it gently. That should get you into head voice, up from around G4 and up.
  • dan2324dan2324 Member Posts: 14
    Okay! Thank you so much! I just have one more question how do I prevent a high larynx?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    By lowering your larynx consciously. You can look in a mirror to monitor your larynx position. Watch when it goes up, and take note of the feeling and the sound.

You can yawn and your larynx will normally go down. Another way is to talk like the cartoon character Yogi Bear. If you don't know what I mean, do a YouTube search on Yogi Bear, and listen to him talking to his sidekick, Boo Boo Bear. "Hey, hey, Boo Boo!" That voice is the voice character actor doing a lowered larynx. Also "Ed Norton" from The Honeymooners 1950's comedy show (Art Carney) also used that same voice sound for his character. If you make that sound, you will be lowering your larynx.
  • dan2324dan2324 Member Posts: 14