Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
https://www.audiomack.com/song/diego-429/death-of-a-bachelor
Please give me even more feedback. I totally need it! :-)

-Diego.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Your actual voice sounds pretty good, but the recording of your voice is very harsh and distorted. You're overdriving the input of your recorder, whether it's a phone or a mic or whatever. You need to learn to set the record level of the mic such that it never overloads. Then set the backing tracks to match well with that level. Experiment with different things like your distance from the mic, etc, to get those issues worked-out.

Your pitch is good. Your tone is good. The head voice parts could be reigned-in to fit more smoothly with the chest voice parts. You could work on getting your breath supported more so that the level changes aren't so extreme. You could de-emphasize the consonants a lot. That would smooth things out better.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thank you so much, Bob!
    Yeah, I'm not the best at recording. I'll work on that. I should get a pop filter so it helps a bit more. Along with the new microphone.

I could finally reach those C5's. Getting kind of excited. About my headvoice. I usually have a strong headvoice when I'm not phrasing words. How can I make it sound at the same power when phrasing the lyrics?
    Thanks for the feedback,

-Diego.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You minimize the consonants and make the vowels more contiguous.