Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi, I'm Steve

Hello, my name is Steve, and today I discovered Ken's YouTube channel.

My love for singing began almost 50 years ago, singing in 7th grade chorus in junior high school and continued for 6 years through high school. After graduation I sang in a local christian singing group with friends from school.

Over the years I've sung in church choirs, in quartets, trios, duets and as a soloist. For a season, I sang with a local men's barbershop chorus.
Most recently, I've been singing with the praise band at church for almost 4 years.

I've never had individual voice training. All my training has been in group settings in chorus and choir. I've often regretted not pursuing music in college and taking voice lessons and learning to play an instrument. My career has been in IT.

I've been looking for a hobby as I've been getting older and looking towards retirement, but nothing had caught my interest. It only recently occurred to me that music has always been a part of my life and that I should focus on that.

I discovered Ken's YouTube channel because I have been watching videos on music theory. I want to learn more about music theory and develop my vocal ability. I also want to learn to play some instruments. I'm interested in learning to play piano and guitar. After that, I would like to learn to play other string instruments like the bass, banjo, mandolin, and dulcimer.

I'm looking forward to what I will learn here.

Best regards to all,

Steve

Comments