Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New to group

AZgirlAZgirl Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
Hi, I'm a 64 year old woman who is eager to sing again! I sang professionally when I was in my 20's, then worked in the music business on the A&R and promotion side of things, and I suppose I got intimidated by the caliber of the folks we were recording back then. I believe that it is never too late to pick this up again, and my main goal is to please myself and take on a new role as the Response Leader in a Kirtan Band while playing the harmonium. I'm really intrigued by Ken's free YouTube videos in which he has demonstrated how to beautifully push past what seem to be the limits of one's range, and so I feel that age is not a barrier. PS: I heard Art Garfunkel perform in concert recently and was very moved by the way he performed even though his upper range was perhaps a bit less than when he was a young man. What an inspiration!

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @AZgirl, you have that totally right! Age is not a factor, DESIRE is!
    You're in for a wonderful world of discovery and growth :smile:
    Don't hesitate to ask questions on things you don't understand or when you hit roadblocks

Welcome to the fold!

Phillip
  • rickyogimarickyogima 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 69
    What inspired me to take up singing in my 40's is hearing a song sung by Lenard Cohen. I was like if he can sing like that at his age: perhaps all the effort into singing isn't a waist. Anyhow nice to meet you @AZgirl