Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Help

guylguyl Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
I had a gig where I used a lot of fry screaming and now my falsetto is breathy and stop working after a while

help

Comments

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    You have probably been using your throat too much to produce a distorted sound. I don't think that is recommended here, but i never use any distorted singing really.
    Vocal fry screaming can have a very adverse effect on your vocals, especially when done improperly.

Is your voice hoarse too? Can you still sing easily in your upper mid-voice?
    The only advice i can give you is to completely stop the way you are screaming, unless that wasn't the cause of you losing your falsetto. Take it easy for a few days, and start doing your KTVA exercises pretty soon again. You can start slowly and easy, but make sure you exercise. Drink a lot of water everyday and eat healthy. If all is well, this will probably just pass and your voice will be back. If not, then there may be a different cause, or something else is wrong. When your voice is back to normal, i might be important to go over you singing technique again, as this shouldn't happen repeatedly.

If you are on volume 3 of KTVA, then there are videos there for you about distortion. There are extra videos on this in the PRO VIDEOS section of the forum.

I hope this helps, and i'm sure others can give you even more advice here.
    Maybe a little info about where you are in the program and what you have learned from the distortion taught at KTVA could be of extra value for us.

All the best,

Ben
  • guylguyl Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    My regular voice is fine. I never really had a distortion and I did develop it well to the point it doesn't hurt. It also didn't hurt during that gig. Only felt pressure in the neck. Thanks for the advice, I think I'll also focus on taking the right amount of air with the distortion so I won't have the problem again.