Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Hey guys! I have some wierd dryness??

kamikazekamikaze 2.0 PRO Posts: 193
edited January 2014 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hey everybody! So I've had this fairly substantial head and throat cold the past few days, which hasn't actually affected my singing too much that I've noticed until today. Today I woke up, and at first could barely even talk, but after I cleare up a bit, I noticed that although I could sing and wasn't real handicapped, my voice is kinda dry and sctratchy? When I'm singing, even if I compress there's still some airy, scratchy kimd of sound (although I'm still not the greatest at compressing:0). So I'm just a bit curious about whether or not I should be concerned about this being a problem? Or if I could just work it off? If anyone would happen to know, I'd appreciate it very much:D And also, as I've been saying, I was planning on purchasing a lesson, which I was thinking maybe could have been this week, but when I went to the website, it turns out the lesson prices have changed to $300, as opposed to the previous $190:/. $300 may be a bit pricy, in which case I would either have to get a half hour lesson or save up for a full hour. I was wondering if anyone who has had lessons may hve some input as to to which may be best? Thanks so much!:D

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Your best bet is to get lots of fluids. You are more than likely dehydrated from the illness. Lots and lots if water. The scratchy tone should get better as you get better. At this point I doubt it is anything to worry about.
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Also, I would invest in the 1 hour lesson. That should give you time to work in any exercises, and a song as well
  • kamikazekamikaze 2.0 PRO Posts: 193
    Hey thanks! I've been trying to drink. Lot of fluids and keep myself well hydrated, but unfortunately ny voice has gotten a little cold-sounding and cracky today:0 I'll try doing some track of the CD and DVD later to see if hopefully I can clear up a bit. Do you think hopefully this could just be the sickness again? And ahh thanks! I'd love to shoot for the hour!

Thanks!!