Home Off Topic

Resonance prank

PeterHUNPeterHUN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 39
Hi Guys,

Let's get straight to the point. I experimented with my breath control and suddenly placed my palm on my chest. I don't know why, but this way I felt an even clearer, utter ease in the tone. It felt easier to sing. Literally! And then I tried to rehearse the vocals otherwise, but in the same quality and ease in the singing. I mean without pressing my palm against my chest. And I gradually managed to clarify the tone with an even better breath control and clean placement. I could catch up with the "prank version" more or less and that is pretty cool! The tone is clearer. But I feel a sort of pressure in my lower abdomen. Like it wants to tighten as I inhale more and more. It feels MUCH more better, no doubt about it, but I am not sure whether it is all right to feel my lower tummy generating pressure therefore tightens the area. I also experimented with this and I found that the more pressure I maintain and control in the abdomen, the clearer and easier my overall singing is. And by the way, the more pressure I create the less/0.000 strain I feel in the chest and neck area. It literally feels like a skyrocket! As if singing would be nothing but easy. In contrast to this, if I don't create pressure down in my ab, I start to feel losing my brightness and mobility in the sound. So today, after the discovery I was singing with a tight belly because this way it's better. I reckon so. But I am jolly curious about Your opinions. Is the abdominal pressure an appropriate way to develop my performance or it should be just loose? It may seems a silly question, but I'd like to hear about Your remarks.

Best regards :-)

Peter

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It's a little bit difficult to have discussions because the feelings are a bit difficult to describe, and have anyone actually understand what you're trying to say. Generally speaking you should create a downward pressure, pressing low in the abdomen, to make room for your diaphragm to come lower in your chest. When you do this, which you may very well have done, you should get exactly what you are describing with regard to more ease in your neck and throat, and greatly improved tone. So, although I can't quite follow your description of the feelings and locations, what is happening with your voice IS what you want, so I suspect you have found a way to get the Feeling of support.

My theory is that you have stumbled upon abdominal support. The trick is to have the feeling of that INHALE even as you are allowing the air to exhale as you sing.

Bob
  • PeterHUNPeterHUN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 39
    I sincerely appreciate Your answer! You oblige me.

Peter :-)

PS: Next time I will try to be more understandable and clear, not vague.