Home Off Topic

HELP: What happened with my voice?

BrunoJonessBrunoJoness Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
Hi,
Can somebody tells me what happened with my voice? It doesnt hurts but I cannot control anything! The pitch is crazy, I fell that the there is no space on the throat for air to pass.. there is speedbump everywhere!
I sung in the street when was very cold and with lot of wind (I was not feeling cold because of my cloths but the voice the day after disappear)

I use to sing it perfect and listen now oO:

WHAT SHOUD I DO? It was yesterday that I woke up like this, I did the workout (but was a mess), and then today I didn't worked the voice. It's the second day I don't go to street to play, I am resting, drinking tea..

Thank you for the help

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    That sounds like the aftermath of vocal strain, especially when you only have air passing and no note. The outside temperature, especially if very arid, can play a part in that... the wind , especially if you were facing into it, could potentially dry you vocal cords out... or you may also be on the verge of getting sick. (Get some Vitamin C + D + Echinacea + Zinc into you right away just to be safe)
    Rest the second day, but tomorrow, retry your scales and bridging exercises, BUT only with enough air to make the notes sound. I mean really cut back the volume! You need to safely re-establish your bridge, and get rid of those speedbumps.
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    Some throat infections can also show like this, something that you are not very aware of, maybe nasopharynx is slightly swollen as well - it can also sound like that. Sounds like oversinging or sick.. Maybe it's good to have rest for several days and then slightly go back to relaxed warmups. I had that as well. Couldn't understand what was it. Then Ken was listening to my voice and said - can be infection. I didn't feel it, but yes in several days I realised it was some kind of a throat infection and also i was singing and pushing a lot trying to get through this. In several silent days it was back to normal ))