Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Can you hear my voice and the words to this song?

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Well, you are not supporting well, it sounds kind of weak. I would say, build more support up, and then you can work on the pitch which is kinda off as well. Just keep on practicing.

Btw, I think the music is a bit louder than your voice, so I would fix that as well.

-Diego
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    The recording of your voice sounds muffled and indistinct. Almost like there is a pillow over the microphone. I can hear the notes you are singing, and the melody, but not with any distinction or clarity, and I can't make out any of the words. Try some different placements with the microphone being able to more directly pick up your voice.
  • scotty875scotty875 Pro Posts: 10
    edited March 2018
    Try this, Im almost putting my lips on the microphone, trying to make my voice louder. And I'm singing my loudest.

I don't know why but when I use my phone to record it sounds good, and then later upload it to my computer, the sound quality changes.

I do have my piano volume turned all the way up. Trying to get my voice louder then the beat.

Here is a recording where I am pulled farther back from the microphone but Im singing my loudest.

• scotty875scotty875 Pro Posts: 10
    edited March 2018
    Maybe this one will do. Lyrics come in at around :58

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Now it sounds kind of distorted. Your voice can be heard though. Just make it a bit less distorted, you have to find the right position for your voice to poke through the mix.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    The only one that is clear is when you had the mic away and sang your loudest, but the piano is too loud and drowns the voice out. Can you duplicate that and turn the piano down? That might be intelligible. The ones up close are the ones that are most muffled.