Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Tips and Trick to sing this song better

victor-89victor-89 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 30
Hi this Saturday I have to sing this song in front of 400 people. I'll be the lead singer supported by a choir!
Any tips to sing this song better?
https://youtu.be/bX8FXxG6znA

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    edited April 2018
    Your pitch is good, and you perform it well. Well done!

So you are asking how you can perform it 'better'. Maybe define what you mean? Because to me, you perform it well already, just with a certain sound. The sound you are mostly using now is a bright and light sound where you let a lot of the resonance happen around the nasal cavities. Everyone has a preferred way of singing something, and they can all sound good. This sounds good.

You could sing certain vowels differently if you NEED to, for stress reduction etc. For instance: you now sing D-AH-nc-IH-ng IH-n T-Hu D-AH-rk. The AH-IH transition is not always an easy one. You could sing: D-eh-ns-ing or D-eh-ns-Eh-n EH-n th-EH D-Ah-rk. HOWEVER, this becomes less important if the parts aren't too high for you. Vowel mods become especially important in your higher register, where you would also start to modify the vowels during your exercises. So i am not sure you NEED to change your vowels, but you could.

These vowels sound a bit exaggerated in text, but they can be very subtle, and even sound better.
    It might be something to think about, because certain vowel transitions are easier then others. But again, this becomes more important as you go higher in pitch. Although, when singing through certain passages, even if it's in a lower register, you might also want to adjust to stay away from harsh transitions.

Which guitar is that by the way?

And as always, thanks for posting!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Very nice :+1: !
    I agree with @bentk you could make the song even easier to sing with the vowel mods.
    But pretty much you are ready to go. Be sure to connect with the audience if you're the lead singer in some way.
    Since you are playing the guitar and can't really move, you could put more expression on the face (without exaggerating of course).

Anyways, good luck on that concert!
    :smile:

-Diego