Home› SINGER/SONGWRITERS

a question about chest voice

Ryan1142Ryan1142 Member Posts: 3
So when I get to above about an F#4 my voice “breaks” and starts to sound, idk, more breathy, what most people would call falsetto I guess?😂but it feels like it’s still resonating in my chest/throat area. My vocal chords feel more relaxed when I “break” over that point, I hope someone knows what I’m talking about 😂 but would that still be considered my chest voice or?

Comments

  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,048
    We would have to hear a recording to be sure, but you may just be going into head voice/falsetto.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    As Bob said, that most likely it is your 2nd Passagio point; as that is pretty much where mine shifts into head voice as well
Sign In or Register to comment.