Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Laugh and a half

Here's an acoustic rock song that is iconic in Denmark. It's by a great old band called D-A-D. It turned out better than I expected when I was singing it. I definitely feel like I'm going towards mixed voice during the top notes of the chorus ("but understanding is misunderstood"). That feels awesome, and I have this community to thank for discovering things like mixed voice, vowel mods etc. Long ways to go, but I'm pleased so far. I've been doing the program about 8 months now, currently on vol 2. I just turned 30 a few weeks ago, but I don't give a shit, it's just cool. The sky is the limit. I look forward to turning 40, because I know I will be a monster vocalist by then =D Though I must say, it's a lonely journey sometimes, because I never get to meet my teachers or my co students. Anybody else feel that way? Anyways, here's the video. Rock on!

https://youtu.be/xQjE6El_utY

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Sounds great man! would still be great to hear you try to belt the whole thing on misunderstood at least on the Gs and then go for the Bb at the end, though maybe the original version is on the path you are going for, i haven´t heard it, cool song though, sounds great!