Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Glottal compression/ placement question?

kamikazekamikaze 2.0 PRO Posts: 193
Hey guys!

So basically I've been trying to get really into working out with the CD, as lately I could have been doing a little more than I had been. But I've been working on it, but I noticed something kind of odd.

The other week, when I had a few days where I hadn't used the discs much, I didn't find much problem while singing, but when I practiced again, I found myself really out of breath and my placement and bridging was a little off:0 this has actually gotten me really worried for whatever reason, so I'm just checking to see if anyone knows what I could maybe do about this? I'm just kinda paranoid haha. I know I keep saying this, but I hope to book a lesson with Ken soon (eventually), so hopefully he could get me back on the right track?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited October 2012

Brian,

We all have off days, especially if we haven't been doing the workouts as WORKOUTS. Like body builders, we have to keep working out regularly if we expect our bodies to be able to do what they have never been able to do in the past.  It's a matter of BUILDING UP stamina to a point that we can actually consistently and accurately perform feats of STRENGTH and PRECISION that cannot be accomplished without putting in the time, effort, and dedication it will take in order to earn the prize that we want.

The more consistently you work the exercises out, the more consistently your body will be able to place and produce the notes and the consistency you want without fatigue or moving targets.

Most likely you are experiencing what the rest of us experience when we are slacking on our SUPPORT.  Support requires a lot of strength and stamina, and those can only come from consistent WORKOUTS.

Don't be paranoid, Brian, be persistent and you'll make it!

All the Best!

Bob