Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Bohemian Rhapsody Demo by Diego

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

I've been working pretty hard on this song. I've only done the [Intro] , [Verse 1] and [Verse 2] . Tell me what you think and how you think I'm doing!
All the harmonies are made by me.
Enjoy!
@highmtn @videoace @Furious_Phil @TommyM @blondiewales @Gaston_Jauregui @streeter

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    You've got the sound of the Queen Harmonies down very, very close.

A lot of your Freddie work is close. He's hard to do. You're emulating him closely, but need lots of work on your support and tone. Don't consider it a slam to say you have a ways to go to get into Freddie's ball park. But still a very good job. Lots of work you've done, and lots you've yet to accomplish.

Hats off to you for your hard work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    It sounded good. Aside from Bob's comments, the only thing I will say, and I say it to you often, Your voice is very thin. It could use a heavier sound, more beef to it. The weight difference between your voice, and Freddie's is equivalent to the weight of oil vs water.
    Don't get me wrong, it sounded really good, better than I could do, but it needs to sounds more chesty.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    @highmtn Thank you Bob!
    I'll work on my support then. The operatic section coming up is going to be tricky haha, I'm going to try to do a those tracls without it sounding muddy.
  • Options
    @videoace Thabk you Tony!
    I always wanted to know how should I "add weight" to the sound. What does it really mean to have a heavier sound? I always had that question.
    Anyways thank you both so much for your feedback!
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hi @Diego

I would avoid that type of rasp, totally not safe, I understand you are trying to imitate Freddy, but there are a LOT of mistakes Freddy did, that imitating could hurt you!

BTW I know Im not Freddy,and I will never be, but understanding the mechanics is KEY to not fall in the same patterns

also, the word "Cry" and "i dont wanna Die" there are many like that , they aren´t sung right, on the "Mama" has to be brighter, there are some good parts like the " goodbye....I´ve got to go" that are well achieved.

again like Bob said you have to work on support, all the "never have born before" part not supported and slammed, many parts not modified correctly, you have to keep your throat open, if you are trying to get close to Freddy´s sound, remember, that a Live performance is key to see if he actually could do it exactly as in the record, plus the live versions usually are rerecorded, so dont trust everything you hear, use the teachings Ken gives, hope you got the course by now...

I definitely would go for studying Adam lambert´s version too, he might not have Freddy´s voice, but he can sing Freddy´s song as if they were nothing, also have you seen Ken´s Queen medley?

Remember what Ken says: make sure you get the song clean first, then add distortion

I used to say that, sometimes i distorted exactly in the spots a singer did naturally and I thought that is natural rasp then, later on I understood that I was not maintaining the shape of the throat or not supporting the sound, I still have to work on songs to achieve this, this is very important Diego, you may get away with this in a song or maybe a concert but if you happen to sing two nights like this you might start losing your voice

be careful

• Options
    So I was pretty far in into the song. And Audacity decided to crash on me.
    I had saved beforehand, and now that I open the file again, the tracks are all silenced... There's NOTHING there.
    What do I do? I looked in Directories>SessionData and there's nothing there please help me.
  • Options
    edited July 2018