Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Throat sore/ pain for too long

HoriHori Member Posts: 7
edited August 2018 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hi,

For some time I feel like a sore throat almost every day ( for almost 2 months) . I forced my throat a little bit trying to play some harder songs, but not exaggeratedly. I fell it when I sing with a little hoarfrost in particular

Is it normal that after you sing / while you sing to feel the pain in your throat? How should i avoid that, and how should i protect my voice and practice?

Comments

• When you sing you should not be feeling pain nor should you be feeling pain afterward.
    There is a method involved, diaphragmatic breathing along with the open throat technique , and a few other things that keep us singing safely, and with no pain.

Just start out doing some easy scales. (I know Ken has videos out on youtube that have scales in them you can practice with, and he shows you how to do them properly)

That is where I would start.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You may very well be singing with much too much force and volume. Oversinging is very hard on your voice. If you are feeling pain, you are exceeding the volume and force you should be using by too much.