Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

My name is Alexey. Nice to meet you!

WhitesnakeWhitesnake Member Posts: 131
edited August 2018 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi, everyone! My name is Alexey, I'm from Russia. I'm 23. I'm a rock guy. Listen a lot of rock, blues, rock and roll and etc. I dreamed to be a musician all my life, since I was a kid. But I never went to a music school, don't know why. In 2010 or 2011 I started to sing. I realized, that singing is the best way to express myself. Well, I surely did expressed myself, but I sung pretty badly. And since I didn't had a good recording system, I never knew how bad I did it. But I was (and is now) in love with singing. For a 8 years already I sing every single day, when I have time to do it.
After a some amount of time, I realized, that express myself is more pleasurable when I sing correctly. So I started to learn how to sing. Since I live in a small town, find a good vocal teacher there - not an easy thing. So I tried to learn it from the internet. And just like Ken saying - there is a lot of conflicting information. In time, I realized that I can't do it all with myself, and I need a vocal teacher that is gonna be listen to me and say what I need to do, personally. So I started to search vocal teachers in my town.
In the end, I found two people: one was a singer that performs in a cafe and restaraunts, and second was a choir singer in a music school. So, I learned with teachers for over a year. For a two years in general I worked with them, but never got any notable progress. I started to think that I just can't do it. I'm just wasn't born with it and I will never get it. Furthermore, that first guy, who is a professional singer, said to me, after an audition with me, that I will never be able to sing as I want it to. Straight up. That was a hard thing to take, I'm gonna tell you.
And then I saw a video, where Ken teach how to sing properly. So, I start to listen Ken's advises (and I do this for a two or a three weeks now), and already have a progress. I don't have time to do exercices daily, because of a job and a certain circumstances (life is just shit sometimes). It's really hard to take for me, because I really want to do this. And I try to do it as often, as possible.
So here I am. I joined the forum, because I want to be the best singer that I can be. Let's Rock!

Comments

• Your such a lucky guy. You just joined a singing course that can turn you into a major league singer. I didn't have access to anything like this when I was 23 (54 now) so I am a little envious when I see the younger folks in here. You have no idea whats about to happen. Just stick with it, and I promise, you will not regret it one bit.

Peace, Tony
  • WhitesnakeWhitesnake Member Posts: 131
    Thanks for your support, Tony! Hey, Ken always says that age is not an obstacle for singing. You didn't have acceess to that information back then, but you have it now! And you still can be anything you want to be!

"The singer is only a singer, because he have the guts to be one!" - Ken Tamplin
  • Trust me when I say that I'll still be giving you young guys a run for your money ha ha.

Seriously though its been challenging, but I have always loved a good challenge, and I'm really loving how my voice is developing from it..

Happy singing.

Peace, Tony