Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Unchained Melody (Live at CSF) Let me know what yall think

In this video i am singing the righteous brothers version of Unchained Melody to the best of my ability. This song was a really good one for me to learn since understanding vowel modifications, support, increasing range, and knowing the arrangement really well were beneficial to me being successful in learning most songs. Being a KTVA student for almost 3.5 years, i can definitely see that i have progressed. For those of you all watching this, its really important to listen to the song multiple times, break each part down and sing vowels only to develop muscle memory for good open throat technique before adding necessary consonants (sing in front of a mirror and lightly add the consonants in so you dont close the sound down to much), practice strengthening the chest voice first in the areas that would typically be used for head voice and then strengthen head voice next (this will keep the call register much more powerful as well as bridging between chest and head later). Also monitor your support continously. Do those things and it will become second nature to you when you sing any song.

Alex Deitemeyer
Drummer and KTVA student from Lexington KY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ad7KHlQug